We serve TK-12 students residing in the following counties:
Kern | Los Angeles | Santa Barbara | Ventura Counties
A student’s admission is guaranteed if:
- There is space available in their grade level
- The student is between the ages of 5-18 years old, and lives in a county we serve.
- You complete the enrollment process.
Once you have submitted an enrollment application and completed a Master Agreement you will be officially enrolled in our school. Following enrollment approval, our Registrar will reach out to collect the required documentation.
NEED MORE INFO?
Our informational webinars are held live (virtually) on Wednesdays at 10am.
Please RSVP to register for our next webinar OR request a call and/or the link to our pre-recorded webinar:
Residency Eligibility Requirements:
Students must reside in Kern, Los Angeles, Santa Barbara and Ventura Counties in California to be eligible for enrollment.
Age eligibility per California Education Code is as follows:
- TRANSITIONAL KINDERGARTEN
Transitional Kindergarten, often referred to as TK, is an educational opportunity for children who turn five between Sept. 2 and Dec. 2.
Must be age 5 by September 1st of the current school year.
- HIGH SCHOOL
The enrollment age cannot exceed 19 years. Students must be able to complete all graduation requirements by their 20th birthday. Full-time, continuous enrollment is expected. All students must have been continuously enrolled in kindergarten or any of grades 1-12, since their 18th birthday to be eligible for enrollment (EC Section 46300.1).
Proof of Age
- US or Foreign Birth Certificate
- Baptismal Records
- Adoption Records
- Affidavits from a parent/legal guardian or pediatrician
- Other Forms of US or Foreign Government-Issued ID
Proof of Guardianship
- Birth certificate
- Official court document stating guardianship
Proof of Immunization
- Peak Prep is required to request immunization records for all students upon admission, and maintain and report immunization records received to the State of California. However, because Peak Prep is a virtual charter school with no classroom instruction, pursuant to SB 277, students are not required to comply with State vaccination requirements as a condition of admission or continued attendance at Peak Prep.
Prior Academic record:
- Report Card (grades K-8) – Please submit a copy of the report card from the most recent school year
Proof of Residency
- A residential utility bill – Acceptable documents include: gas, electric, or water bill issued within the last 30 days, in the resident’s name and service address. (Please send a scan of the entire page.)
- Cable or telephone bill (issued within the last 30 days)
- Residential rental/current lease agreement (including signature page)
- Welfare documents from the Department of Social Services
- Department or Social Security documents (issued within the last 30 days)
Copy of your student’s IEP and Evaluation Report (if applicable)
Copy of your student’s 504 Plan (if applicable)
You will need to fill out the top and bottom section completely. You may leave the student ID field blank, as that will be assigned following enrollment. Please ensure that the document is signed by both the student AND the Parent/Guardian. This document will also be sent via dochub!
A few days after you complete the enrollment application, you will be receiving a master agreement for your student(s) via DocHub.
The document needs to be signed by BOTH student and guardian (unless the student is 18 or older, in which case we only need their signature). DocHub has a default setting with signatures you will need to override.
This video is a tutorial that will show you how. Please watch prior to signing.
Please note: Many people have reported having difficulty with DocHub while trying to sign on their phone or tablet. Please fill this out on a computer if possible.
DO I HAVE TO PAY ANYTHING TO ENROLL?
Since Peak Prep Pleasant Valley is a public school, there is no tuition associated with enrollment. The teachers host many field trips and any cost associated with extracurricular activities such as this would be the responsibility of the parent.
WHAT GRADES ARE OFFERED BY THE SCHOOL?
Peak Prep Pleasant Valley offers grades TK-12.
Our elementary, middle, and high school students take very traditional courses with some great elective course options depending on the program!
WILL MY STUDENT HAVE A CALIFORNIA-CREDENTIALED TEACHER?
Yes, all of our teachers and mentors have credentials in California with years of experience.
Our elementary students receive a workbook. Our middle and high school students work in online courses. No offline materials are required.
The very nature of an online program can allow for acceleration. Our individualized approach allows teachers to assess students to find their challenge point in the elementary grades. Our students in middle and high school can take an accelerated approach with counselor permission. We also offer a great variety of electives, honors, and AP courses to challenge students and prepare them for higher education.
Upon enrollment approval, you are officially enrolled in our school as a full-time student and should not be enrolled in any other program. Within 48 hours, you will speak with an enrollment specialist. Your New Student Advisor will partner with you and your student to make sure that you feel completely prepared and confident to start this journey.
You will also be assigned an Elementary or Homeroom Teacher. This teacher will support your academic and social success, as well as monitor grades and attendance.